Tuesday 26 August 2014

Fly Away by Jelissa

Hello paper folks!

I'm up on the 13@rts blog today, sharing my first page with a black background. I had this dandelion photo in my stash for about a year now but never found the inspiration to scrap it until I wanted to try working with black patterned paper. 


I'm using papers from the "Fly Away" and "All is Love" collections from 13@rts. To create the contrast, I did masking with acrylic modelling paste, stamping in grey chalk ink and gesso instead. There was very little misting, and only in the parts where the colour can be visible.

Some close-ups:


For the colours to show, I created splatters with the mists by wetting the brush from the bottle. I also used Ayeeda matt paints very lightly watered as these have more body and leave a more solid colour on the dark background. For the papers in my layers and the chipboard, I patted on modelling paste with a palette knife to create texture.


My title is a piece from the "Fly Away" sticker sheet. I distressed it with black ink and brushed on some gesso. The paper roses were dabbed with Ayeeda Matte Paint in Caramel and bled the colours with a small amount of water. I also fussy cut out some wings and tucked them under my photo. 

13@rts products used:

And that's all I have for now. Do drop by the blog for more inspiration from the fabulous DT.
Until then, happy scrapping!

love,

1 comment: